Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing #5 - Flickr



Once again, I must say that I am so very happy that this course is being offered in the summer! As was true with the Avatars, I have spent entirely too much time looking at pictures on Flickr. One thing is for sure, I am going to need lots of more time learning how to refine my searches! I began looking for pictures of different types of homes and shelters, as we do a big unit on "wants and needs" and "homes". It is difficult for the kids to imagine different forms of shelter and having pictures of various types of structures would be great! I found some cool igloos that the kids would love! However, searching did take me a good deal of time, and I still need some practice on how to access different groups and use tabs. I ended up with this picture as I have the 4th of the July in my mind and we do a study on American symbols at the beginning of the school year. After learning about the flag, the kids seem to find it EVERYWHERE! I also thought this little pup was too cute not to post. By the way, it drives me nuts that Flickr is not spelled "Flicker". Oh well.

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

I totally agree about the spelling of "Flickr" - but I guess that is a cool web 2.0 thing! Love the picture too! Flickr is one place you can get lost and spend lots of time! There are some amazing pictures on there. Good idea about the different homes! Maybe the librarian needs to do something with that too...hmmmm...