Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing #6 - Mash ups

These things are really neat! At first all I could think about were the many and varied opportunities to make silly gifts for my friends! Especially the "make your own motivational poster" website! That being said, all of the different ways to play with media would be a virtual dreamland for some students! Forget the old school dioramas - kids could make their own magazine covers, puzzles and virtual trips as culminating activities to showcase their new learning. For those students that struggle with writing, I love the idea of making a mosaic of pictures to express their ideas and to compliment oral presentations. Too cool! I also loved the Yahoo! Trips website in which you can use pictures of locations from Flickr to create a trip journal. My student teacher from this past year is going to study abroad and I can see this as a great tool for her to communicate with our class and her family about her adventures. Mashups are smashing!

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Did you make something you can share?