Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #9

WOW - Today was a little overwhelming. I THOUGHT I understood how to import RSS feeds, but I am still having difficulty unless it has one of those big RSS buttons on the site!
In any case, I did find some challenging and interesting information on today's treasure hunt!
* The easiest ways to find feeds was through using the easiest search tools! For me this was Google Blog search. I think it was easy for me because the format was familiar. Once I found a blog I liked, I would search all fo the blogs that were linked to that site and so on...that can keep you busy for quite some time!
* The School Library Blogs by Superglu was a little confusing for me...I wasn't sure if this was just a list of blogs or if there was a search option available that I was just not seeing. I really liked the edublog award winners, but again, I couldn't figure out how to search for other blogs from there. Obviously, I am missing something here! I will check with my school librarian! She knows all of this good stuff!
*I did find some blogs that I absolutely loved, and that I believe will be useful including:"Mr. Kindergarten", "Kindergarten Tales" and my favorite name for a blog, "Kindergarten Chaos: because blogging is cheaper than therapy". I love these sites because the teachers have great ideas but also are very real in their approaches. They are also just hilarious!
*Another search tool/site that I really liked was called "clairvoy". It had all kinds of teacher blogs including one called "Teacher Questions and Answers" in which teachers can write in questions for answers from other teachers. A little teacher "Dear Abby" interactive sort of thing. I love this!!!
One news feed that really challenged me was the edublog's winner for most influential post titled, "Is it okay to be a technologically illiterate teacher?" This was a very challenging and thought provoking article! It certainly challenged me in a new way!

No comments: