Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing #19

This was an interesting search! I spent the majority of my time at Craigslist and Lulu but I also LOVE that there was a Spanishpod site where you could learn Spanish online, for free and at your own pace! I really have no more excuses now for not learning this...
In any case, I looked at Craigslist simply because I had heard about it but wasn't quite sure what it was all about. It was very easy to use and is a great tool to find local listings for all sorts of things in a variety of cities. I loved that is was very user friendly. They also had a link to the "Best Of" Craigslist which was hilarious, but certainly not appropriate content for students! Lulu was a great site in which you can publish your work and then sell it online! After taking NJWP training a few years ago, I remain mindful of the need to find creative ways for my students to be able to publish and share their work. This is a great tool for writers to get professional looking published works. I am not sure how user friendly it is, but it appeared to be fairly simple. Great activity!

2 comments:

jp 吉平 said...

Dear Jenny,

Hi, I'm JP from SpanishPod. Google alerts me when people write about SpanishPod, and that's how I found your post.

I'm glad you like SpanishPod, hope to see you in our discussions someday soon!

Until then, let me know if you have any questions or need help getting started.

Book Nook Girl said...

Great ideas about student publishing and SpanishPod! I must check that out. You are right...now there is no excuse!