Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #22

I spent some time on the Teacher Ning - and again I was amazed at how much teacher chatting is going on out there in cyber world! I thought it was interesting to "peek in"and see what others are thinking (and venting) about!
One benefit of Nings, as mentioned in the article, was that it looks like a way for educators to communicate with students, and students with students, in a more "business related" fashion. I know some teachers that have MySpace and Facebook accounts that they invite their students to view and I've always felt a bit uncomfortable with that...it seems a little too personal...although I do believe that this is the way kids are communicating nowadays and maybe Ning is a way for us to meet them where they are, without getting too personal. Hmmm...will have to continue thinking on that one!

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Good points about Nings being more of a business realated format! I agree, I think teachers having student view other social networking sites can be a little too personal. This maybe a compromise...if you have time!