Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing #20

I had lots of fun with YouTube and TeacherTube. I had been introduced to YouTube by friends showing me silly things on the site, but I didn't even know there was TeacherTube! There were lots of neat things that I could see using with my kiddos - especially a cute dinosaur project that a 2nd grade class has created. I love the idea of having all of these new ways in which kids can share their knowledge with the world! Wow! I love using video to teach. I know, I know...kids spend too much time in front of tvs as it is, but truly, short videos can be very effective! Probably because it is a familiar format! Personally, my favorite things in this technology adventure have been those videos that explain the new technology simply. I think they are called common craft videos. In any case - I love them and can understand them! I think kids feel the same way when we take a difficult concept and present it in a way that is familiar and friendly. This is just a silly Muppet's video. I loved the Muppets as a kid and who can resist the vocal stylings of the Swedish Chef?

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Great Muppets video! I just love the Muppets! I had a Kermit the Frog growing up! Good thoughts about teaching with video too! You are right - videos can be very effective teaching tools when used in short clips and with teacher facilitation. Only three more things to go! You go girl!